Chapter 31- VOC REHAB

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) provides assistance to veterans who have a service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and are in need of vocational rehabilitation. Vocational rehab covers a student’s tuition and fees, books, school supplies and also pays a monthly housing allowance.

Vocational Rehabilitation does not pay the school directly for non-tuition related costs such as: dorm costs, meal plans or any other costs that you choose to add to your student account. Please be aware that you will be responsible for paying for these costs out of pocket.

Currently, veterans eligible for this program can choose to receive either the Post 9/11 GI Bill monthly payment amount or the Vocational Rehab Subsistence allowance.

Eligible veterans may be allowed up to 48 months of full-time benefits.

Veterans generally have 12 years from the date they are notified of their entitlement to use their benefits.

Current Subsistence allowance rates for Chapter 31.