The North Carolina Tuition Assistance Program (NCTAP) is:
- for Army & Air National Guard members ONLY.
- a REIMBURSEMENT program.
- NOT designed to meet payment deadlines set by schools. It is your responsibility to make payment arrangements to avoid being dropped.
- NOT the same as GoArmyEd or GI Bill® benefits. These are 3 SEPARATE programs.
In order to qualify for NCTAP funds, the Service Member must be:
- in good standing with your unit. CANNOT be flagged for any reason.
- attending a school approved to receive NCTAP funding. Please contact the NCNG Education Services Office to determine if your school meets these criteria.
- meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for the approved institution of higher education.
- an active drilling member of the North Carolina Army or Air National Guard PRIOR to the start date of the term/course(s).
- an active drilling member of the Army or Air National Guard and meeting the 2-year service obligation. You MUST have 2 years remaining on your contract with the North Carolina Army or Air National Guard at the END of the academic period for which the award will be applied.
- attending an approved certificate or degree program at an approved institution of higher education approved by the Authority.
Register for the NCTAP
The steps for the NCTAP have changed. Please follow the directions below:
- To be considered for the NCTAP, please register at https://www2.ncseaa.edu/NCGuard.
- Uploading coursework information is REQUIRED. Use of this form to upload required information is optional and is also available in the NC National Guard Student Portal: https://www2.ncseaa.edu/NCGuard.
Students need only register once for an account while serving in the NC National Guard.
Students are required to upload coursework information each term in which they wish to be considered for NCTAP funding.
Coursework MUST be submitted NLT:
Prior to the start of the term (Fall term is defined as any class that starts on or after 01 August through 31 December)
Prior to the start of the term (Spring term is defined as any class that starts on or after 01 January through 14 May)
NLT 01 May (Summer term is defined as any class that starts on or after 15 May through 31 July)