Using your GI Bill® is simple.

  • Apply for it on VA's website here.
  • Once that is done, or if you have used the benefit at a prior institution, make sure to bring your Certificate of Eligibility with you to SOAR. 
  • For graduate students, since you do not attend SOAR, make an appointment with our office here once you are registered for class. Remember to still bring your Certificate of Eligibility with you to the appointment.

Not sure what programs are available or what you are eligible for?

Other Education Benefits

  • UNC Charlotte Military Veterans Graduate Assistantship – This is a program offered to new graduate students. It provides two academic years of full tuition support as well as a monthly stipend, among other things. Students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill® will only receive tuition payments from either the GI Bill® or the Assistantship, not both. Please follow the link for more information on this opportunity.
  • Military Tuition Assistance – Check out additional financial assistance based on military service.
  • Financial Aid – Check out additional financial assistance that can be obtained here at UNC Charlotte.
  • Helpful VA Contacts - Find contact numbers for a variety of Department of Veterans Affairs services.